Thursday, April 9, 2009

Lettuce pray























Southerners pray a lot. And for some reason they bless. No kidding. They say things like, "Have a blessed day." when giving you change for filling up your car with $4.00 a gallon gas. I don't know why. I suppose I should ask. What does it mean to have a "blessed day"? Why would I want to have a "blessed day"? Is a "blessed day" different from a not "blessed day". In what way? I see drivers of cars declaring their blessed condition. I personally want to feel that insulated and special because it's for sure I know what a bad day is like. Being blessed however is a state/condition/mindset that I don't presently know. Not being negative, really. I feel about the same every day, just grateful that my lettuce is coming on good and I'm getting to enjoy salads again. Perhaps I'm blessed. Who knows.

No comments: