Friday, July 10, 2009

Fast Slow Food

On your mark: Pizza dough.

Get set:
a.3 cups of flour
b.1 teaspoon salt
c.one package of yeast
d. 1 teaspoon honey
e. 1 Tablespoon olive oil
f.1 cup warm water (from the tap is fine)

Go: Combine dry ingredients in a bowl (I use a food processor). Combine wet ingredients. Press on button to mix dry ingredients and slowly add wet to dry as processor is running. Leave it on for a few minutes. Dump the dough on a cutting board, knead in enough flour to keep it from being sticky. Cut in half. One half the dough will make a pizza large enough for two people.

Freeze the other half for another day. I do three batches because why get the bowl dirty for only one batch? I wrap the dough in plastic wrap in a neat package. When I take it out to thaw I unwrap, put the dough in a greased bowl and put the wrap on top. The rest is in a million recipe books.

No comments: