Saturday, August 8, 2009

Wolf Creek




I looked at Earl and his eyes was wide...
I says, "Earl, I'm not the type to complain
But the time has come for me to explain
That if you don't apply some brake real soon, they're gonna have to pick us up with a stick and a spoon..."
("Wolf Creek Pass" written by Bill Fries and Chip Davis, sung by C.W. McCall)

By GEB
Personal Press

Following an ear poppin', breathtaking, awe inspiring drive up then back down into Wolf Creek Pass an afternoon spent in San Juan National Forest rock hopping in and along Wolf Creek,Colorado on a cool July afternoon is free! Altogether it's 3,000 feet down into the pass causing me to consider that the first settlers who made it there must surely have saddly resolved that,like it or not, there was no turning back. When you gather your wits and swallow it's no different than having just taken off in a 747 except that you can see below where you'll end up if you crash. It'd make for a great obituary except for the part where I want to die in my sleep, in my bed, in my 80's having lived a full and healthy life.


No comments: