Sunday, November 4, 2018

Peppers

We picked a peck and more of bell peppers this year. They came off steadily. Keeping well in the fridge we ate them every few days, many ways but they have come to the end of it's run with these cool nights. I had Scott take a photo of me with the largest, most productive pepper yesterday. It is almost as tall as me. Fun.
All the Fall and Winter plants are perking right along with rains coming every few days. They need little tending-no weeds, no watering, no bugs, no covering. Broccoli is starting to head. Kale is pretty. Brussels sprouts are growing. Parsley is flat out amazing. I followed a tip from an ag extension agent who recommended I just rub the seeds from a seed head and scratch them into the soil. Ka-ching! I think they all germinated and they all look good. I do really like parsley. A season without parsley is really sad to me-something I learned the hard way.

No comments: